We've created a COVID-19 Rescheduled Events page. An easy way to get more information on the status of a postponed RIGA tournament.
Updated May 8:
The RIGA is postponing all events through June 15 due to COVID-19. The intention is to reschedule each one. Decisions regarding events after June 15 will be determined closer to that time. As well as qualifying for the 115th Rhode Island Amateur.
The Department of Business Regulation has sent us its guidelines for Phase I of reopening the Rhode Island Economy. Compliance is vital.
Some of the updated rules include:
- 10-minute tee time intervals
- Single rider golf carts (or two per cart if the players live in the same household)
- Shotgun style events are prohibited and all leagues must follow the tee time spacing, social distancing requirements and to not have any gatherings of more than five people at any time.
As of May 22, Governor Raimondo has allowed Golf Courses (just the courses themselves) to remain open.
Below is important information regarding Sanitization, Social Distancing and being on the course.
- Should provide workers with protective gloves and any other sanitizing materials.
- Should clean all touchable areas heavily with disinfectant. (Example: flagsticks)
- Must follow Rhode Island's directives relating to food and beverage service at their club until told otherwise. Those guidelines are takeout only.
- Should consider creating more space between groups in tee sheet to avoid overcrowding.
- Should consider creating a touchless interaction (pay online or with credit card and no cash)
- Should consider ways to avoid touching anything on the golf course (removing flagsticks, bunker rakes, divot mix boxes, ball washers, raise cup liners or use an object that keeps ball above surface when holed).
- Should keep a minimum of six feet between others no matter the situation, avoiding contact with others (handshakes, etc.).
- Anyone who has symptoms or is sick from COVID-19 must stay away from their club at all times
- Shouldn't pick up any golf balls they find that are not theirs and should not touch flagsticks or any other objects on the course.
- Should only touch their own clubs.